Good morning from Maine where Santa is about to visit my daughters, again. We spent actual Christmas day traveling back from Florida where we visited grandma and uncles. So this morning my girls are having a second visit from Santa. (Santa’s reindeer take a long time to go from Florida to Maine, if you ask my toddler). I hope that all of you have something equally fun planned for the weekend. Before my daughters toddle out of bed, I have this week’s list of the most-read posts of the week.
These were the week’s most popular posts:
1. Best of 2018 – Ten Overlooked Google Docs Features
2. Best of 2018 – Ten Free Apps for Elementary School Math Lessons
3. Best of 2018 – Interactive Periodic Table of Elements
4. Canvas – A Good Alternative to Google Drawings for Tablet Users
5. How to Make Your Own Emojis – And How to Use Them in a Lesson
6. Terrible Passwords, Password Security, and Protecting Your Online Account
7. Best of 2018 – Free Hands-on STEM Lesson Plans
I’m offering three professional development courses to start 2019. Discounted early registration is now open for:
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
TypingClub offers more than 600 typing lessons for kids.
Storyboard That is my go-to tool for creating storyboards.
University of Maryland Baltimore County offers a great program on instructional design.