The mission of the National Audubon Society is to, “Protect birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow, throughout the Americas, using science, advocacy, education, and on-the-ground conservation.” Their beautiful website is full of resources that could be used in a variety of subjects and with students of all ages.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Binocular guide- provides tips on selecting binoculars as well as a guide to identify birds in the field.
- News– numerous articles that focus on science.
- Ideas for how to get involved and help be an advocate for birds.
- Live bird webcams from around the United States.
- Education page with information on different nature camps for kids.
- Tips and tricks for photographing birds.
- Bird Guide with beautiful illustrations as well as bird calls for hundreds of different birds.
Applications for Education