Anchor.fm is a free podcasting service that I started using about ten months ago. It has steadily added features throughout the year. If you find yourself looking for a replacement for AudioBoom which this week announced the removal of all free accounts, Anchor.fm is a service that you should try.
Here are some highlights of Anchor.fm:
- Record by simply holding down the record button the Anchor.fm Android or iOS app.
- Publish recordings to your Anchor channel or publish directly to iTunes or Google Play. Learn how in this video.
- Have your spoken words automatically transcribed and displayed in a video suitable for posting on YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter. See a demonstration in this video.
- Import audio from other sources to use as bumper music.
- A “call in” feature lets users speak responses to your podcast (if it is published on an Anchor channel).