Good afternoon from sunny Woodstock, Maine where my dogs and I have just returned from a great morning of walking in the woods. The end of winter and beginning of spring is referred to as “mud season” around here and my boys made sure to find all the mud that they could walk and roll in. Wherever you are this weekend, I hope that you make time for some fun things too.
This week FreeTech4Teachers.com reached a new milestone. I only look at the blog traffic on Saturday so it was a surprise to me to see that at some point in the last week FreeTech4Teachers.com passed 50 million all-time page views. It still boggles my mind that so many people have visited and continue to visit this blog that I started as a side project nearly nine years ago. Thank you to everyone that has visited, followed, and referred your friends over the years. This would keep going without you.
Here are this week’s most popular posts:
1. Six Tools for Creating Videos on Chromebooks
2. 5 Ideas for Using Google Sites in Your Classroom
3. A Nice Set of Animated Science Lessons for Children
4. JoeZoo Express Makes It Easy to Grade in Google Docs
5. More Than 40 Alternatives to YouTube
6. Gauging Your Distraction – A Game to Show Students the Dangers of Texting While Driving
7. 5 Great Writing Activities from Read Write Think
There will be two Practical Ed Tech Summer Camps
this year. There will be one tailored to schools that have 1:1
Chromebook programs and one for everyone else. Both Practical Ed Tech
Summer Camps will be held in July. You can learn more about them here.
Discounted early registration is available now. The Practical Ed Tech
Summer Camp has sold out every year for the last three years.