Good morning from Maine where the sun is shining and I’m listening to birds chirp while I drink coffee on my deck. Speaking of my deck, as I was staining it yesterday I was listening to the Grateful Dead. There’s a line in the song Uncle John’s Band that goes, “all I want to know is are you kind.” That line stuck with me as I was reflecting on Morrison’s life (he passed away last weekend). At the end of the day, all that dogs and most people really want to know about others is whether or not you’re kind. I think that if we can understand that about each other, we can understand a lot more about each other.
A huge thank you to everyone who emailed me, messaged me on Twitter or Facebook, called, or texted this week to express their condolences about Morrison’s passing. I have been overwhelmed by support. I am slowly replying to all of the emails that I was sent.
Now on to happier things…over the next six weeks I’ll be speaking at a number of conferences. The first one is next week in Ponoka, Alberta. If you see me there or at any other conference, please say hello.
Here are this week’s most popular posts:
1. 10 Good Tools to Help Students Learn New Vocabulary Words
2. 4 Ways Visual Literacy is Being Taught in Classrooms to Empower Learning
3. Help Students Get Organized with My Study Life
4. Great Google Drive Add-ons for Teachers – A PDF Handout
5. Walk With Elephants in Google Street View
6. 15 Topics for Your School/ Classroom Blog
7. Great Google Search Strategies Every Student Can Use – Infographic
MasteryConnect offers a series of apps for identifying standards.