Since I announced it last Friday, I’ve received a bunch of questions from people who are interested in participating in next week’s Classroom Blog Jumpstart course. These are the most frequently asked questions and my answers to them.
1. Will it be recorded? I want to participate, but I can’t make it to every webinar.
Yes, all three live webinars will be recorded. Links to download the recordings will be emailed to you within 12 hours of the end of each webinar.
2. Is there graduate credit for this course?
No, this course doesn’t carry a graduate credit option. Later this fall I will be offering a version of the course that does carry a graduate credit option.
3. Can I receive a certificate of hours to use in my re-certification plan?
Yes, I will send a certificate of completion for the hours you spend in the course. Some schools and states accept these for re-certification. Check with your school or state office for clarification.
4. I’ve never blogged before, is this course for me?
Yes. No previous experience with blogging is required. I’ll walk you through everything you need to know to get started. You’ll also receive PDF handouts that contain directions along with each webinar recording.
5. Is there Q&A?
Of course, ask any questions you like during the webinars.
6. Why do you charge for the course?
Three primary reasons: 1. I have to pay for licensing of GoToTraining and hosting of recordings. 2. I want to work with people who are committed to the course. I’ve found that when I offer free webinars many people sign up, but few show up. 3. This is part of how I make my living, but believe me I’m not getting rich from this.
7. I wanted to register in time for the early registration discount, but I missed the deadline. Can I still get the discounted price of $65?
Sure, I’m easy (and a terrible businessman). The discount code “backtoschool” still works.