|Clouds in the valley in
Summer weather has arrived here in the northern hemisphere and with that we start to think about summer activities. For many of us that means professional development activities mixed in with vacation activities. I am fortunate to be asked by many people about professional development opportunities with me.
Here are the PD opportunities that I am hosting this summer:
- The Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp is the two day workshop that I host at the Sunday River Resort. Due to some cancellations,
fivefour seats are available. July 14-15
- Getting Ready for GAFE is a five week course covering everything you need to know to be ready to integrate Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Google Sites into your practice in the new school year. I’m offering the course in June, July, and August.
- Blogs and Social Media for Teachers and School Leaders is a three week webinar series that I am offering in June. Blogs and Social Media for Teachers and School Leaders is designed to help teachers and school leaders develop an understanding of the many ways they can use blogs and social media (Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and more) to enhance communication between school and home.
Here are the places at which I will be speaking this summer:
- Selah, Washington – June 10- 11
- Dubuque, Iowa – TIC Conference – June 17-18
- Bettendorf, Iowa – June 20
- Boston College – Catholic Schools Foundation – June 25-26
- EdTechTeacher Summit – Chicago – July 28-30
- Boston College – Catholic Schools Foundation New Teacher Conference – August 13-14
- I am also visiting a handful of schools for one-on-one PD consultation this summer. If you would like to schedule a visit with me please send me an email richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers (dot) com