Over the last five years I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to facilitate many workshops on creating and using blogs in school. And through the course of using blogs with my own students as well as writing more than 8,000 blog posts for Free Technology for Teachers, I’ve learned a lot about blogging. Now I’m sharing that knowledge through a three week Practical Ed Tech webinar series titled Blogging for Teachers and School Leaders.
Blogging for Teachers and School Leaders is a three week webinar series during which teachers and school administrators will learn the how to choose the best blogging platform for their situations, how to set-up a blog for classroom and school-wide use, and learn about strategies on how to manage blogs in classroom and school-wide settings. Participants will also learn how to avoid the mistakes that often lead to blogging endeavors being abandoned. The next series will meet on December 2nd, 9th, and 16th from 4pm-5pm Eastern Time. All sessions are recorded for participants to watch as many times as they like.
Click here to register today!
Who is this webinar series for?
Teachers, school administrators, media specialists, and technology integrators who:
- Have never created blogs… or…
- Have have tried blogging but didn’t get the results they hoped for…or…
- Are planning to lead PD sessions about blogging and want to learn how to structure their trainings as well as access hand-outs they can use in their own training sessions.
- This webinar series costs $87 per seat. (There is a $15 processing fee for registering with a purchase order. That fee is waived for those who register and pay online).
- Click here to register today!
- Three hours of live instruction with Q&A opportunities.
- Access to recordings of each session (recordings can be downloaded for unlimited personal use).
- Digital hand-outs to download and re-use for personal use as well as re-use within their school districts.
- A dedicated discussion forum to access throughout the three week course.
- Certificate of completion.
The live webinar sessions will be held at 4pm ET on December 2nd, 9th, and 16th, 2013
Sometimes when I advertise one of these webinars I get messages from people who are upset that I am advertising it here and or that I am charging for it. I understand why some people feel that way. I thought long and hard about how to offer this series. In fact, I thought about it and talked about it with trusted advisors for a year before offering the first webinar series last December. The purpose of this blog and my goal for years has always been to help people use free technology in their classrooms. The tools and strategies featured in my webinars are free to use. However, my time for teaching isn’t free. Likewise, I pay licensing fees to GoToTraining and to Wistia for hosting all of the media content of the courses.