Good evening from sunny Maine. As I write this I’m enjoying a perfect summer evening sitting on my back deck and watching my dogs enjoy being dogs. Wherever you are I hope that you’re having a great evening/night/day/morning too.
This month I had opportunities to speak to and work with teachers at Discovery’s Summer Institute, at Pearson’s Authentic Learning Workshop, and at the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp. Thank you to everyone who came to one of these events. Getting to meet so many of you is the best part of traveling to conferences and schools. Thank you to everyone who has helped to make those opportunities possible, they wouldn’t happen without you.
Here are this month’s most popular posts:
1. MindMup – A Mind Mapping Tool That Saves to Google Drive
2. 30 Ideas for Using Chromebooks In Education
3. Six Free Alternatives to PowerPoint and Keynote
4. Free Digital Citizenship Lesson Plans for Middle School Students
5. Studies of iPad Use in Education
6. Picture Manhattan Inside the Grand Canyon
7. 11 Resume & Interview Tips for New Graduates
8. 5 Services for Creating and Sharing Audio Recordings Online
9. 500+ Political Cartoons & 100+ Editorial Cartoon Lesson Plans
10. You Shouldn’t Be an Instructional Technology Coordinator If You Don’t Understand This
Would you like to have me visit your school?
Click here for information about my professional development services.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
Remind 101 offers a free tool for sending text message reminders to students.
WidBook is a great platform for writing multimedia books.
Typing Club offers free typing lessons for students.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master’s degrees in Instructional Media.
Vocabulary Spelling City offers spelling practice activities that you can customize.
MasteryConnect provides a network for teachers to share and discover Common Core assessments.
ABCya.com is a provider of free educational games for K-5.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
How to Subscribe to Free Technology for Teachers.
Join more than 57,000 others who subscribe via these links.
Subscribe via RSS. Subscribe via Email.
Like Free Technology for Teachers on Facebook.
Find me on Twitter, on Google+, or on Pinterest.