Yesterday’s post about Speaker Deck prompted a few readers to ask me about other options for embedding slideshows into blog posts. The options are different depending upon which slideshow tool you like to use. Therefore, I’m sharing methods for embedding slideshows made with the three most popular presentation tools.
Follow these steps to embed a Google Slides presentation into a blog post:
- In the Google Slides editor select “publish to the web” from the “File” drop-down menu.
- Select “embed” then choose a display size.
- Click “Publish” then copy the provided embed code.
- Paste the embed code into your blog post as HTML (don’t use “compose” mode in Blogger or “Visual” in WordPress/ EduBlogs).
- Your PPT file must be stored in OneDrive.
- Open your PPT from OneDrive in PowerPoint online.
- In the upper, right corner of the presentation open the menu for additional options then choose “embed.”
- Choose the display size that you want to use then copy the provided embed code.
Keynote doesn’t provide an embed code the way that Google Slides or the online version of PowerPoint does. That said, you can try following these directions to embed a Keynote presentation into your blog. This method will not work with all blogging platforms. If it doesn’t work for you, you can export your Keynote to PowerPoint format and upload to SlideShare which will provide an embed code. Or you can export your Keynote to PDF and then upload it to Speaker Deck.