Good evening from Maine where we will soon be skiing and enjoying the best of what winter has to offer. I spent some time this evening to get my skis ready for the new season. Wherever you are this weekend, I hope that you have time for something fun too.
The new month is here and I am happy to announce that later this month I’ll be offering another section of my Practical Ed Tech webinar series Getting Ready for GAFE. This webinar series has a graduate credit option, click here to learn more about it.
Here are this week’s most popular posts:
1. By Request – Five Good Math Sites and Apps for Elementary School Students
2. A Handy Sheet of Google Search Modifiers
3. Access More Than 1,000 Socrative Quizzes Sorted by Subject
4. By Request – 5 Good Sites and Apps for Elementary School Language Arts Lessons
5. Novels on Location – Read Your Way Around the World
6. How Do Things Fly? – A Fun and Interactive STEM Activity
7. Wideo, WeVideo, and Magisto – Three Good Tools for Creating Videos Online
Would you like to have me speak at your school or conference? Click here to learn about my keynote and workshop offerings.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
IXL offers a huge assortment of mathematics lesson activities.
Typing Club offers free typing lessons for students.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master’s degrees in Instructional Media.
MasteryConnect provides a network for teachers to share and discover Common Core assessments.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is offers professional development workshops in Boston, Chicago, and Atlanta.
StoryBoard That is a great tool for creating comics and more.
BoomWriter and WordWriter are fantastic tools that help students develop their writing skills.