Good evening from Toronto, Ontario where earlier today I presented at the York Region District School Board’s Google Camp. It was fun day of sharing and learning. Earlier this week I spent two days in Conway, Arkansas where I learned how to “call the hogs” and had a fantastic time sharing and learning.
The best part of being invited to speak at conferences and schools is getting to see what people all over the world are doing to create better learning experiences for students. At the end of the week I’m tired, but I’m also energized by the things I’ve seen and heard about. I
The end of the week and the end of the month fell on the same day. Here are the most popular posts of the month.
1. How to Use Google Slides to Organize Research
2. 26 Videos About the Science of the Winter Olympics
3. Group Reading With Google Documents
4. How to Add 450+ Fonts to Your Google Documents & Slides
5. Purpose Games – Create Online Review Games
6. How to Add Voice Comments to Your Google Documents
7. AirPano – Gorgeous 360 Degree Virtual Tours of the World
8. Hemingway Helps You Analyze Your Writing
9. Strategies for Getting Access to Websites Blocked By Your School
10. Fun With Bad Math In Pictures
Would you like to come learn with me in Maine this summer?
Click here to learn more about the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp.
Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
IXL offers a huge assortment of mathematics lesson activities.
Typing Club offers free typing lessons for students.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master’s degrees in Instructional Media.
MasteryConnect provides a network for teachers to share and discover Common Core assessments.
ABCya.com is a provider of free educational games for K-5.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is offers professional development workshops in Boston and Chicago.
Classmint offers a nice multimedia flashcard service.
StoryBoard That is a great tool for creating comics and more.
Fresno Pacific University offers a wide variety of technology courses for teachers.