Next week P2PU (Peer 2 Peer University) is starting a few free online courses of interest to educators. On March 18, P2PU will offer Copyright for Educators (US law), Copyright for Educators (AUS law), and Creative Commons for K-12 Educators. Each course runs for seven weeks. You do need to register by March 17 to participate in the courses.
These are some of the key questions addressed in Copyright for Educators:
- What is the public domain?
- What does copyright law protect?
- What is fair use?
- What other exceptions are there in copyright law?
- What are open access educational resources?
These are some of the learning objectives of Creative Commons for K-12 Educators:
- Find educational resources that are open for sharing and remix
- Remix open educational resources
- Share remixes on the web
- Attribute CC licensed materials
- CC license your work
- Explain CC licenses and how they work
- Edit collaboratively
- Work transparently
- Advocate openness
H/T to Open Culture.